Am I transgender?

Hi!

I don't usually ask for things like this on yahoo, but I really need help, I can't live with this confusion anymore. 

I was born as a girl. I have always been a tomboy (but I acted as a girl sometimes) since I was little, always liked boy-things. My mom would buy me girly clothes, but I can't blame her, she wanted me to be a girl when she discovered she was pregnant. When I grew up, I totally refused girly things, and I still do nowadays. I had and have "male interests", and I always imagine myself as a boy, have a male personality, feel more comfortable when I am with boys whom don't think I am strange, and feel like I am about to cry because of anger when someone reminds me that I am a girl. 

Problem is that I don't feel uncomfortable with girls, but I have these frequent gender dysphoria attacks. 

I don't think I am ugly, I think I am a good looking girl, but when I see those boys with those "perfect male bodies", I want to be like them. 

I am so confused, because I don't hate how I look, but if there was a button that could make me to choose the sex of my body, I would DEFINITELY press the male-body one. 

I am not good with words, so I hope you understood a little bit of my situation. 

So, what I wanted to ask is: am I really transgender, or I am just confused? 

If you answer, you would really help me, thanks in advance. 

Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes ;w;

Okay, thanks to everybody for your answers! ^^

I wanted to add a few things I said when I commented on some of your answers:

1. I have been feeling from depression for a long time, so I can't recognize many of my emotions. It looks like that the "gender dysphoria" became an habit in my life, but now is "stronger than ever"

2. I am bisexual, more attracted to girl than to boys 

• reme_1

Call the gay center and ask for the trans support group. Get some help. Life is short. Don't waste it.

• Sky

It isn't about whether you're comfortable with boys or comfortable with girls.  Being transgender is about what gender you know yourself to be on the inside.  Do you know yourself as "I AM a boy" or "I AM a girl"?  If you look at your breasts and genitals and feel like, "that's not right, those shouldn't be like that," you might be transgender.  If you come to the realization of, "I AM a boy, stuck in this girl's body," you might be transgender.  You could benefit from talking with a local LGBT or trans-specific support group, or even take a bigger step and visit with a gender identity therapist who can help you figure things out.

• Sky
      1 month agoReport

Then you definitely should get some counseling from a therapist who specializes in gender identity issues, both to help with your feelings of hate for trans people and to help with your depression and confused feelings about yourself.  Good luck.

• Dr. D

Being transgender isn't an easy call. It's more like a spectrum with all shades of grey. You do seem to have some gender dysphoria. However, 75% of young people with gender dysphoria prefer their biological gender by the time they reach adulthood. 

Many persons struggling with gender dysphoria find it rises and falls at times. You also seem to be sexually attracted to males. Please note that the vast majority of males do not have "perfect male bodies". I imagine that, like most females, you are attracted to alpha males. 

So you might want to consider your goals in life? Do you want to be married to a real man with a perfect body who is devoted to you, and have adorable kids? Transgenders don't have an easy life. In fact 40% of them attempt suicide. If your gender dysphoria really is a problem then you need to talk to your parents. Tell them that you are struggling with gender dysphoria and want to talk with a good therapist. If your parents love you and want to protect you, they should discourage you from being transgender. That's healthy. However they also want you to be happy and may help you find a good therapist. 

• Sbshjs1 month agoReport

I talked to them, and yes, they are trying to discourage me from being transgender, which is making me more confused than ever XD. Also no, I am more attracted to girls than to boys. Thanks for your opinion! I really appreciate that 

You COULD be.  A lot of cisgender girls go through most of what you describe and become quite happy women.  But if you are suffering from strong dysphoria attacks, you should see a therapist to help figure out who you are.

.

Also, with the quality of today's surgeries, you cannot actually have a "perfect male body".  

It SOUNDS like general, somewhat adolescent confusion, but no one here can tell you that for sure. You need to speak to a therapist who specializes in gender issues. There are undoubtedly several that you could make an appointment with in your area.

• Sbshjs1 month agoReport

Yeah, there are. My parents think is an adolescent crisis, and I can't really know if this is or not, so the better option is to talk to a gender therapist, as you said, it can also help me and my parents to understand eachother more. Thanks! 

Sounds like it. You need to seek mental health treatment immediately to treat this delusion. 

• Sbshjs1 month agoReport

Okay, thanks!