Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What are your thoughts about dogs scattered in the street in poor countries?

Should they follow how dogs are placed and properly taken care of in homes? What if the people living there and their police don't care?

Favorite Answer

Not my country, not my problem. And there is nothing I can do and there's nothing you can do

They are POOR countries that can not afford to build shelters and rescues and pay for vet care or to take care of the dogs. The dogs and cats should not be their top priority at all, the people  should always be.

At best the dogs and cats are all feral and should be rounded up and put down humanly or shot by a marksman. 

The dogs BITE and kill people, they carry rabies, have no vet care, kill live stock and are often ran over and the like. Its better for them to be put down 

While I think there's a reason for concern about this, you DID mention poor countries, and in poor countries there are poor people and most all living conditions are not ideal.  Animal control would NOT be a top priority, and the Police would have much larger concerns.  I don't know where you live, but I put MY country first.  There is nothing I can personally do for stray dogs in other countries, and I seriously doubt you could do anything about it either.  It's good to have compassion and concern for all animals and mankind BUT personally no matter where in the world, I think that the children should be top priority, meaning their safety and welfare.  I don't know what else to say other than MY OWN FAMILY comes first, along with the people closest to me, and then the people and animals in MY country.

• Veschengro
      1 month agoReport

They dont have animal control in such countries the cops stand by watching and smoking as people club dogs to death in the street.  In all honesty..Directly outside the rescue: As it was to full to take the dogs and or pups inside. In all honesty.:.its sickening.