promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I'm about to move real soon and what i need to know is all the organizations i should notify to let them know of my change of address?

I already know the post office is one of them, but what are all of the other organizations i should notify to let them know i'm changing my address.

Please give me details with a source or 2 with your answers, if any of you can! That'd be very greatly appreciated. A source or 2 with each and every answer isn't exactly needed, but it's so very preferred.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Utilities--phone, power, water, gas, cable TV

Bank

Credit cards

Insurance companies

Social Security

Boss

Doctor

Lawyer

Friends

Relatives

Source(s): Moved 9 times in 40 years
    • ...Show all comments
    • Holy Vengeance
      Lv 5
      2 weeks agoReport

Thank you for your 5 star thorough and informative answer. Congratulations! Your answer has won the "Favorite Answer" award and you've won 10 bonus points. Thank you again for your extremely excellent answer.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Good grief - not rocket science.  You give everyone you deal with your change of address.  Your employer or any agency you get benefits from, your insurance companies, credit card companies, your bank, your doctor, your dentist, utility companies.  Magazine subscriptions, the DMV (within 30 days of the move).  Anyone you can think of who needs to be informed of your change of address.

It isn't the responsibility of the post office to provide others with your change of address and they will forward mail for only 6 months.

Why would you require a source?  It's only common sense.

• 2 months ago

Short answer Anyone you do business with.

Note: The answer that said you are not required to inform creditors is BEGGING for legal headaches.

• 2 months ago

Any person or company that sends you bills should be notified. Family and friends as well. The USPS is the most important.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Legally you are required to inform/update any agency that has issued you a license of any kind (including your drivers license) or any change in your permanent address, usually within 30 days.

It is not legally required to inform/update all of your creditors (including landlords and utilities) and employers, but it is smart to do so.  And understand that filling out a change of address form will serve to forward your mail for only 6 months.  

Sorry for the lack of references, but you put me at a disadvantage by not stating where you live or what licenses you possess.

• 2 months ago

I don't see why you need a source for this. It's simple logic: think about everybody you have gotten mail from in the past two years, and everybody you have sent mail to.  Plus everybody you have given your address to, and all your official government forms (drivers license, passport, etc.)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

DMV, bank, credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, phone carrier, utilities, MD office.  I have no idea what you mean by "source."   This is merely common sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.