promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I even register to vote if I am a Republican living in California ?

I'm 21 and I'm not registered to vote. I turned 18 in 2016 and decided not to vote because I knew my vote wouldn't count living in a blue state and also my dad told me that once I register to vote I will be called up for jury duty. I'm planning on moving to Texas next year and when I do I am certainly going to register to vote. But for the mean time I dont really see the point voting Republican here in California. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Vote D for DEMOCRACY. Vote R for RUSSIA.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

NO... as your vote will not be counted there.. OR they will change it to DEMOCRIT and you will never know it.

IF you come to Texas YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE will put you on Jury Duty List.. IF you have a Tex License or Texas STATE ID you are in the JURY POOL.

• 2 months ago

Time to move to another state.. California has gone to the dark side of communism.. besides who wants to live in all that filth!

• 2 months ago

AS FOR VOTING FOR THE PRESIDENT, YOU ARE PROBABLY WASTING YOUR VOTE BUT THERE COULD BE STATE AND LOCAL ELECTIONS WHERE YOUR VOTE COULD COUNT

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're 21, grow a backbone & register to vote! 

Let your voice be heard and allow yourself to be represented.

It's the very least you can do. Shame on you for considering anything less! 

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is a fiction that you will not be called for jury duty if you don't register.  Most states use multiple databases (e.g., driver's license, property taxes, etc.) to pull the jury pool.

California does not have partisan primaries for most offices.  Instead, they use a "top two" primary.  While a solid majority of Californians are Democrats, Republicans can win seats here and there, particularly if solid turnout for the primary results in two Republicans slipping by a splintered Democratic field.  

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You do realise there are other elections besides the presidential one, right?  If you don't register, you can't vote in any of them.  And why don't you want to be a good citizen and do jury duty?  It's an interesting thing to do.

• 2 months ago

Yes, your vote does count so register. They changed the rules for jury duty if you have a drivers license or register to vote you may be called to serve. 

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you're a Republican, you shouldn't register, period.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mike L
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

At least I don't have to resort to name calling because of my lack of intelligence you elegant person. 

• 2 months ago

There r issues other than the presidency to vote on..but your father is.right about the jury duty.stuff

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.