Does it make you feel some kind of way when you go to pay for a carryout food order and there is a line on the receipt for a tip?

What? Why would it? I always leave a tip for togos especially if I come to pickup and a bartender or server has to get it together.  

Not at all. Depends on what restaurant i am at but i will sometimes tip a couple bucks. 

Doesn't bother me one way or another.  But, if you ever go with 6 people are more chances are they may have already calculated in your tip at 18 - 20%.  Double check before paying.

That's just typical, doesn't mean you have to tip.

• Restaurants have receipts formatted this way in their registers. Can't have multiple versions.

It only shows up if you pay with a debit card usually so that's not an issue since I usually pay with cash however if I'm in a good mood and I see a tip jar, I might leave some change or a buck

• Bob

No it does not bother me or make me feel any different, it's pretty much a standard issued paper receipt, and if youi don't want to give them a tip, just put or write a zero on that line.

Receipt paper for food orders characteristically has a line for a tip. when you go to pick up an order you're not expected to give a tip unless you eat in or unless they delivered to you. It doesn't bother me a bit to see it on the paper because I know it's just standard issued receipt paper

No, I imagine the cash register can distinguish between an in house order and a take out order. I just write zero for the tip if I carry out.