Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Could I be charged with this, or would the statute of limitations have run out by now?

A nerd genius friend of mine invented a time machine in his garage, and I decided to use it to troll people in times past.

I decided to go back in time to the days of the Titanic, a glorious ocean liner that was in service for 25 years, and decided why not get on the maiden voyage.

One night, while wondering how to troll people on board, I spotted an ice berg in the distance, before the officers did.

So I called up to the guy manning the lookout and distracted him by doing a silly dance on deck, I believe it was first officer Murdoch.

He watched me for a few moments, scratching his head about my antics, while the iceberg drew nearer.

Then I said: "HAAA now that I've distracted you good luck avoiding that iceberg."

Murdoch looked back and was like "HOLY CRACKERS!!" and he rushed to the phone to warn the others to turn the ship away, but it was too late and the ship scraped the iceberg.

I hopped back in the time machine and came back to 2020 laughing my butt off.

Now I realize I changed history, the ship sank two hours and 40 minutes later.

And everyone I talk to seems to understand that the Titanic sinking on it's maiden voyage was always part of history, no one besides myself remembers that just wasn't the case before.

Now I'm scared. What if someone finds out what I did? As it technically happened nearly 108 years ago, could I be charged with anything, or would the statute of limitations have run out on all this?

Your therapy isn't working. Even if time travel were possible, your claim would not be possible.

SOL only concerns a cold case with no suspects.  Not if You were even a suspect, or murder. If  HM's court ruled your actions had constituted negligent homicide, Yes. 

I'm interested being a officer with you

If you had actually done such a thing. There is absolutely no statute of limitations on causing the death of people. If they ever found out that such a thing was true they could dig up your dead body and resurrect you assuming that such technology existed just to prosecute you

If you'd only take your medication as instructed. 

Keep taking the tablets and one day you might actually develop a brain.