Best thing to do?

Hi everyone, 

My husband and I have had some issues for a while now. We have 2 sons (2 year old and 2 weeks old). My husband thinks I am doing too many things(work, school, babies etc.) and he feels neglected. He has been so disrespectful and he stated he needed a divorce. Even though I gave birth 2 weeks ago he doesn't talk to me and treated me bad throughout the pregnancy. He didn't remember my birthday this month, he even said the biggest mistake he's ever made was marrying me. He said some even more disrespectful things as well. For the past couple days he's been talking to me and pretending like everything is fine. I am still hurt and feel distant from him, I'm tired of chasing him and being the only one fixing our marriage all the times. I really don't feel like he loves me and he is not the type to communicate or to get marriage counseling. If I try to talk about the situation he'll get angry or just don't answer me as he always does. Btw I am in my mid 20's. I need some advise. 

It sounds like he has checked out of the relationship, big time.

He mistreated you during pregnancy, sorry but I don't see in which universe I'd pass over that.

Relationship is over.

• Foofa

So you had children with a child...or at least a man who acts like a child. If you're already back at work two weeks after birth you've got your hands full and you need a functional adult as a partner. But pick your battles. Your birthday is irreverent but him talking about divorce when you've got a newborn is beyond immature. At this moment your hormones are still all over the place and unless you've got a nanny it's likely neither one of you are sleeping normally. So give it some time to see if he gets his head on straight. If not you may ultimately find that you're better off just letting him go be a big baby somewhere else.

Your husband is a child in a man's body. What does he think? That you're super woman? When we have small children, we are busy and don't have a whole lot of time for much else. And a woman's hormone level takes a dip when she has small children too.

So if your husband wants a divorce, he does. He has no understanding about what it means to be an adult. Does he even help take care of the home and the children? I bet he doesn't lift a finger.

I know what i'd do - i'd probably pack his bags and toss them right out the front door. I'd go file for child support immediately. And i'd be done with it.

You have to make your own decision.

• Ana

This is why you shouldn’t marry somebody who’s low IQ

• R L

You need to do what is best for you and your children and this man is not best for you or the kids...selfish childish and has no idea how to treat a woman. Also the key to any healthy relationship is open and honest communication which he has not demonstrated to you at all. Is the sex good? Does he show you an orgasmic passionate bed? If no is the answer to these questions its time to leave and find a real man who will love and accept your children and give you the foundation of a healthy relationship. Please stay in touch and let me know how you are doing......Rob

• Robert

First see a lawyer. Get your assets in order and separate as much of your finances as possible quietly and without detection. Next explain the facts of life. Tell him you want to go to counseling and you want him to participate. If he says no explain to him that the attorney you already have said that you would get $$$$ if it were necessary to divorce him. Then ask him again if he would like to go to counseling. Yes, he will be pissed, but the sessions will bring out that you two can or can not work out your differences. If you can he'll chalk it up to you being concerned and loving enough to force him to go. If you can't work it out, you will be out with all you are entitled to.