Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicOther - Entertainment · 1 month ago

What is wrong with this guy on Facebook?

I came across this young man on Facebook (his name is "Brian Hall") who is 22 years old and lives in Florida. He is completely obsessed with cartoon characters and posts pics and videos of them, drawings he makes of them, pics of him with costumed characters at Disney World, and pics of him dressed up as cartoon characters (even female ones like Minnie Mouse and the bunny from Zootopia). I had a chat with him on FB and asked him what he did for a living and he said he's on SSB (Social Security Benefits) because he has autism. Since he's not working, I asked him what he did throughout his days, and he said he watches cartoons and Disney movies, plays with his toys (he has a huge collection of plush dolls and action figures), wears costumes, roleplays, goes to toy stores, and visits Disney World multiple times a week (how in the world is he able to afford to go there on SSB?!). I told him he needs to grow up, get a job, and start acting like a man, but he just got mad and blocked me. Other people seem to adore him but I think he's very immature. He acts like he's living in a fantasy world and doesn't care a bit about real life! What is he going to do when he's older? He ain't gonna look cute dressed as Minnie Mouse when he's 30... I wouldn't be surprised if his parents still support him in any way. He needs to wake up, accept that he's not a child anymore, and that he can't continue living like this! He needs to grow up and be a real man!

His parents raised a real loser...

Favorite Answer

Maybe his parents were never there, so he has the disney characters to make him feel like he belongs. A German Shepherd breeder is MY happy place, so when I feel like I’m being ignored by my parents, I look up pictures of German Shepherds.

What is wrong with him, the better question is what's wrong with you? You seem oblivious to the fact that Brian has autism (a mental disability) and that this is how he chooses to live his life. If he seems happy where he is, let him be. There's no reason for you to be an asshole.