promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

Other than reading, what hobbies do famous authors have? Like, what do they do to take their mind off of their writing?

Nobody writes 24/7. What do J K Rowling and Stephen King etc do to unwind?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know what THEY do, but I agree with the nobody can write 24/7 thing. I don't know what it is. I thought my story was crap, I stopped writing? Whatever. I watch movies/tv (recordings, fast forward through commercials). Listen to music. Read.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Stephe King destroys his mind with drugs

• mars
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Art, Music, Nature Walks, Cooking

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are just normal people. They do what everyone else does, except in the two people you mention they are very successful and well off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

King plays guitar. I've played poker with him, but I don't know how often he does that. Some authors garden. Some fix up old cars or carve wood or raise miniature llama.

• 2 months ago

Well, if they're anything like me, they probably relax by pulling the wings off butterflies, sorting them by size, weight and colour and sending the results to the British Museum at the end of each month . Not that I'm saying they do, you understand; it's just that they're (mostly) human too and they almost certainly get up to the same kind of psychopathic sh1t as us "normals" do. Hope this helped.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They all have hobbies, like most people.  They also have families, friends, activities, interests, etc.

To be a good writer you need to have many interests, a wide view of life and a very broad range of interests.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Drink....They would avoid reading other authors, to not accidentally do a Copyrights infringement error.

Hunter Thompson.    Raymond Chandler.    John Cheever.    O. Henry.    Tennessee Williams.    Dylan Thomas.    Dorothy Parker.    Truman Capote.Steinbeck

Poe

Stevenson

Stephen King, is an exception, he reads and is deep into Politics.

So is J K Rowling, her hobby is Reading, along with  Writing children's books.

• Silver
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Well, everyone chills and reads and watches TV or whatever, but on the level you've listed, they're millionaires. They spend a lot of their time doing charity and bashing Republicans.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

JK Rowling is a keen cook, she paints and spends time with her family. Much the same as any one might.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.