Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

My husband isnt following his doctors orders (nutristionist) how can i get him to listen?

My husband has seizures and the doctor he went to recommended a Nutristionist to help him lose weight.. well turns out I found out he is still eating unhealthy food behind my back. He brought food for me to make at home for breakfast since it is just me home in the morning until i go to work st night (not the most healthiest it was toaster strudles but he only brought them because super cheap on sale.. i didnt buy them) and turns out this morning he ate 2 of them before going to work. He claimed yesterday they were mine and today he goes and eats stuff his doctor told him to stay away from. Hes done this since seeing the doctor two weeks ago.

How can i get him to listen to the doctor and lose weight ? So far he hasnt lost any and its like going from 245-248lbs I want him to be in the 230s when he goes back to see this doctor..

I would get him to a neurologist as soon as possible. Then never take him back to the quack that sent him to a nutritionist to be treated for seizures. 

• Foofa

It's eerie how much this sounds like my great uncle as his wife. We finally had to go through their kitchen and get rid of all the snacks she was keeping for herself...apparently not recognizing his gluttonous eating disorder. Your husband can't be trusted to police himself so you're going to have to just make sure there's nothing too tasty or readymade in the house. You can get your junk food fix outside of the home if you have to have it. I also wouldn't let him do the grocery shopping either.

• Ana

The reality is that you don’t lose weight from dieting. You lose weight from hard exercise. You cannot lose weight without exercise. Dieting helps IF you exercise. If you don’t exercise, then making dietary changes does pretty much nothing. 

My husband was getting fat. He joined an adult basketball league, and over the eight game season, our sex life improved, his cardio and heart and lung strength improved, and his belly fat went way down, his belly shrunk, his muscles got more defined and now he’s in much better shape. 

My husband still eats like he used to, the difference is the exercise. The exercise played a huge part. My husband works his butt off in the games (he likes to be competitive) so he’s naturally seen a huge improvement. 

Any doctor that recommends a nutritionist but doesn’t recommend exercising, is either an ignorant doctor, or a politically correct doctor, or a doctor that’s too scared to tell you the truth because he doesn’t want to offend you.

And if your doctor did tell him to exercise, but you guys are only focusing on the dieting part, I’m here to tell you that’s a mistake. The exercising is 10 times more important.

Yes, he should eat a healthy diet, that’s all true, but the exercise is even more important. You cannot lose weight just by adjusting what you eat and when you eat it. You must EXERCISE HARD!

Sit down with him and ask if he wants to be around in 20 years. talk to him truthfully. If he does want to be around then, then he needs to lose weight and eat better.

Beyond that, you can't do anything.