Frank asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

When I do push ups and finish a set and rest why does the centre of my upper back hurt when I breathe in?

Follow up question why over the last 2 days have my push-up numbers gone down and I’m finding them so hard suddenly I do them every day 

Post in "Health- diet and Fitness".

• .

Perhaps poor form. For best results on most strength/muscle building exercises, don't do them more frequently than every other day, so your muscles can recover.

.

Move your question to Health>Diet & Fitness as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory. You can move your question by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

Sounds like you pulled a muscle in your upper chest. You should stop push-ups for a week and/or see a doctor.