clau asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 month ago

What's a typical American breakfast ?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Eggs, bacon, grits, toast and coffee.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

there's not one but probably cereal is the most common.

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure it exists. Probably the mode is juice, sugared cereal and toast. Second tier would be eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. Then comes Belvita, toaster pastries and such until you get to string cheese, a cumquat and Coke. And I left out pancakes and waffles, most of which are frozen. Nutrition is not a prime value in early morning America.

• 1 month ago

Since they’re always on the run, unfortunately it includes processed foods like sugary cereals, pastries, pop tarts, or high fat fast food options like sausage biscuits with gravy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Typically when we were an agricultural nation it was eggs, breakfast meat, toast, maybe hash browns and coffee. Now it is more like whole grain cereals, yogurt, fruit during the week day and a more typical breakfast on a weekend. 

Typical Irish breakfast is similar except for the our sausages are much better (nothing wrong with the black or white sausages though) IMO but a cultural taste preference really. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

sausage,eggs,grits and pancakes washed down with coffee or milk or juice

weekends

it's my opinion that nothing beats diner style potato hash, pancakes smothered in syrup, and some kind of egg variation with a cup of coffee in the morning.

It's also my favorite meal of the day. it's my opinion that nothing beats diner style potato hash, pancakes smothered in syrup, and some kind of egg variation with a cup of coffee in the morning. There's just something about a hearty breakfast (infused with coffee, of course) that really sets my day off in the right direction.

Eggs benedict [English muffin, some type of ham or bacon (Canadian bacon is often used), a poached egg and hollandaise sauce. thanks 4 asking

Attachment image
    • denise
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yeah, a wide variety of choices.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We're friends with the owners of the restaurant where we do Sunday breakfast. They make some pretty interesting things for the weekend. I was talking with the wife one time and she said that bacon and eggs pays the rent. They serve like 200 covers a day of bacon/sausage or ham and eggs a day and it's a small place. Twice we have taken a friend of my wife's and both times she thoroughly read the menu and then said bacon and eggs, please. The dish includes toast and potatoes.... Cereal of various forms is probably second in line.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bacon, eggs, toast.

• 1 month ago

Ceral is pretty common.

• 1 month ago

A name brand fast food sandwich and a coffee.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.