promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is xbox live and game pass the same?

i had game pass and now its finished i had downloaded games from it and cant play them as its finished want to ask if i get xbox live gold only withought game pass can i still play the game pass downloaded games.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

These are two separate items, but they can be bundled together.

XBox Live Gold is Microsoft's Online service, which is required for online multiplayer on their consoles & may provide some discounts on a few games.  This runs for $10 / mo., $25 / 3 mo. (~$8.33 / mo) OR $60 / yr ($5 / mo).

XBox Game Pass is a game subscription service where you can play various games from their library.  Think of it as the "Netflix for games", as you can play can game included in the pass as long as you have an active subscription (or purchase the game to keep playing after it ends).  This runs $10 / mo for consoles & $5 / mo for PC's

There's an "Ultimate Pass" bundle, which runs $15 / mo. & includes everything above (Live Gold + Game Pass Console + Game Pass PC).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No. 

Live is the subscription to play your Xbox games online. 

Game pass is like Netflix for video games. Every month, different games go into the rotation so you can play all those games.

• 1 month ago

No they are two separate things, but I would recommend getting them in a package. I think it’s something like game pass and gold is $3 for the first 3 months

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.