I'm a lesbian should i tell my parents?

I always knew i was different. I never thought it would have to come to this but i have a girlfriend and i love her so much, i barely ever hang out with her cause i have to keep it a secret.

She started crying yesterday when she asked me if i'm ever gonna come out to my parents and i said probably not. I'm always scared when we hang out in public cause i worry too much about what other people think.

I don't think my parents would understand but i doubt they would kick me out of the house or hate me cause of that.

What would be a good way to come out to them? At first i really wanted to come out to them with my girlfriend and just straight up tell them that she means everything to me and is always there for me,but i'm scared to do that cause they might insult her and me for that matter and i don't want her to be sad about it.I also gave them plenty of hints and i always talk about things related to it,i even bought multiple shirts that are related to it but they just said that i should stop buying things like that(which more specificly were just rainbow shirts and shirts that have things like i'm not gay but i support it written on them, i bought that just to get a reaction out of them..they didn't like it and didn't want me wearing them.) I don't know what to do i just wanna get it over with but i'm really scared to.

• reme_1

First off. How old are you? That is the most important thing.

If you are old enough to get a job and leave home, then do so. THat will give you a safe place.

Get info for your parents from the gay center. Also contact PFLAG.org- a wonderful support group made up of mostly parents of LGBT kids. They will call your folks.

Take care of yourself first. Then tell your folks. I wish you two the best. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

How old are you, 18? Then obtain, your own private living space with her, or just wait until you are 18 and not still living with your parents.

Girls have best friends that are girls, all of the time. You could 'hang out' whenever and wherever you want and no one would give it a second thought. Once you declare your sexuality to your parents, then restrictions might kick in.

Ask them for a bike bc you’re a d*ke