promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Spanish Help. ?

—¿________ jugar en el equipo de fútbol de la escuela?

—No, prefiero el básquetbol.

Les gustaría

Te gustaría

Me gustaría --

Nos gustaría

Read the text and choose the option with the correct words to complete the sentence.

Hola desde La Habana, Cuba. Somos Carlota y mi hermana Susana. Muchas de las amigas de mi hermana ya tienen esposos e << and >> hijos. Tal vez, después de ser médica, le gustaría tener hijos y un esposo, pero por ahora << for now >> sale con amigas solo los fines de semana << only on weekends >>, de la mañana al mediodía. Mi hermana es muy seria y estudia mucho.

Based on the text, Carlota’s sister goes out ________.

daily during week days

from morning till noon --

one hour on weekends

from noon to evening

PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS. I WILL AWARD THE BEST ANSWER. THANK YOU.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

---

Hola, Jazmine:

► EXERCISE

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

1. Read and choose the correct option to complete the sentence.

—¿_________________ jugar en el equipo de fútbol de la escuela?

• Les gustaría

• Te gustaría

• Me gustaría

• Nos gustaría

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2. Read the text and choose the option with the correct words to complete the sentence.

• Hola desde La Habana, Cuba. Somos Carlota y mi hermana Susana. Muchas de las amigas de mi hermana ya tienen esposos e (and) hijos. Tal vez, después de ser médica, le gustaría tener hijos y un esposo, pero por ahora (for now) sale con amigas solo los fines de semana (only on weekends), de la mañana al mediodía. Mi hermana es muy seria y estudia mucho.

Based on the text, Carlota’s sister goes out ________________.

• daily during week days

• from morning till noon

• one hour on weekends

• from noon to evening

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

► ANSWERS

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

1. Read and choose the correct option to complete the sentence.

—¿TE GUSTARÍA jugar en el equipo de fútbol de la escuela?

• Les gustaría

• Te gustaría ✔✔

• Me gustaría

• Nos gustaría

NOTES:

'ME gustaría' is the alternative you could use in the answer ('Me gustaría jugar al básquetbol' = I would like to play basketball), but not in the question.

Like in English or in any other language, when you address someone in Spanish, you use the 2nd person pronouns: 'tú, te, ti' (singular informal), 'usted, se' (singular formal), 'ustedes, se' (plural, used in Latin America), 'vosotros/as, os' (plural, used in Spain).

In this case, the first speaker is asking the second whether he/she would like to play basketball in the school team, so the pronoun 'te' has to be used:

—¿TE GUSTARÍA jugar en el equipo de fútbol de la escuela? (= Would YOU like to play basketball in the school team?)

—No, prefiero el básquetbol. (= No, I prefer basketball.)

If the second speaker used the verb 'gustar' in his/her answer, then he/she would use the pronoun 'me' referring to himself/herself:

—¿TE gustaría jugar en el equipo de fútbol de la escuela? (= Would ►YOU◄ like to play basketball in the school team?)

—No, ME gustaría el básquetbol. (= No, ►I◄ would like basketball.)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2. Read the text and choose the option with the correct words to complete the sentence.

• Hola desde La Habana, Cuba. Somos Carlota y mi hermana Susana. Muchas de las amigas de mi hermana ya tienen esposos e (and) hijos. Tal vez, después de ser médica, le gustaría tener hijos y un esposo, pero por ahora (for now) sale con amigas solo los fines de semana (only on weekends), de la mañana al mediodía. Mi hermana es muy seria y estudia mucho.

Based on the text, Carlota’s sister goes out ________________.

• daily during week days

• from morning till noon ✔✔

• one hour on weekends

• from noon to evening

NOTE:

Among the given options, the 'correct' words to complete the sentence are 'from morning to noon' since they are the words used in the text: 'de la mañana al mediodía'.

However, the whole sentence doesn't mean exactly what it is said in the passage. According to it, Carlota's sister goes out 'ONLY ON WEEKENDS, FORM MORNING TILL NOON' (= 'solo los fines de semana, de la mañana al mediodía'). If we just say that Susana goes out from morning till noon, omiting part of the information, we are giving the idea that she goes out EVERY DAY from morning till noon, not ONLY ON WEEKENDS, as she really does.

Saludos. 😊

-----------------

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Question A: Te gustaría.

Question B: From morning till noon.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.