promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

which time is correct, the one on my smart phone or the one on my computer?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The correct time is facing you on the wall.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd go with the time on your smart phone.

• pucman1961
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It all depends if chose the same time zone on both devices 

• lare
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

that depends on a number of factors.  a modern computer (aka windows10) will have the correct time within about a half second IF you have a working internet connection, and you have set the correct parameters for location and savings time.  a smart phone uses the nearest Cell tower for time information and that may be accurate or not, depending on the maintenance of the service provider.  The advantage of cell for travelers is it will always have the correct local time zone, the main drawback is it might not change for savings time for hours or even days after the change.

• 1 month ago

Depends. Are they both set to the correct time zone? Also both set to the correct daylight savings mode (if your area uses it?), and are both set to the atomic clock?

Phones set auto, get their time from the carrier, who if I remember correctly, are set to the atomic clock. Computers get their time from the internet or the ISP that you use. Check your OS time setting to see where your computer gets its time updates and how often. 

If there is more than a min or two different in you phone and your computer, one of them is not getting refreshed as often as the other. Sleep modes can affect time updates, as well as badly coded apps and programs, running in the background. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fuhr
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The one on your sundial.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.