promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why do Chinese people eat dogs?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That goes back to Communism.  Back during Communism, as happens in all Communist countries eventually, hunger results.  Communism tries to control economics, and it always fail.  In Communist China, 36,000,000 starved to death during a period in Communist China called The Great Hunger.  Many more millions died of some form of malnutrition and disease due to lack of food.  Those who didn't die of starvation, were hungry and could barely find enough to eat or anything to give their children.  They were willing to eat anything, including the human dead, and any animals which most people would not eat.  This has remained as part of China's emotional legacy.  

However, China is not the only Communist country where Communism caused starvation.  Even now, in Venezuela, a country which became Communist, people are going through hunger, and the majority have lost a tremendous amount of weight.

This is what Communism does.  In the Soviet Union there was mass starvation too.  In Cuba there is hunger.  It's the story of Communism.  First, they tell you that they will all live very well.  Then they starving.  Well, not the leaders.  The Communist leaders of all countries have always eaten very well and gotten nice and fat.  

• Bao Long2 months agoReport

No, Chinese people have been consuming ever since Ming Dynasty era

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

If you say that about Muslims in EU you will be killed by Muslims or be jailed

Source(s): you will
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Same reason you eat pigs, cows, sheep and chicken

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes  and  cats  and anything that  breathes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There culture doesn't seem to find it as horrible as other people who could not imagine eating things God has said, not to eat. The bible clearly says not to eat things with paws. Like cats, dogs or even rabbits and says do not eat pigs. Some people cannot understand why some people eat pigs or bacon. Another lady said, "your eating the putrid rotting flesh of a dead animal" So she is vegetarian. Most of those animals are full of worms and they have worm infestations in their guts.

• 2 months ago

Because their customs are different. My culture eats sheep stomachs with oats inside them. I wouldn't do that but there you go.

• 2 months ago

Same reason North Americans eat cattle. It is a food. Just because you don't condone it does not make it wrong. Just for the record, I don't condone eating any form of animal, but I can only speak for myself.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

In term of meat, most Chinese eat pork, chicken and beef.

• 2 months ago

Only some do it, but, it is fairly common in other Asian countries as well, like Korea.  Meat is meat - a source of protein.  Dog meat is still meat.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Because they are hungry. We may think it gross but we would all tuck in if we had been raised to eat dogs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.