promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

I feel like an idiot having to ask this question, but is it ok to flush condoms down the toilet?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Nope! Plastic or rubber have often the nasty habit of clogging the plumbing.

• Mr. L.
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Listen to Dirgis, I am not a plumber but I know a lot about plumbing, done a lot of plumbing repair, etc, keep condoms out of the plumbing, especially if you have a septic system.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tj
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If it is your own home, make sure the plumbing is up to 100%....if not put it in a small brown bag and into the garbage.

• 2 months ago

I did it on a regular basis when I was 21 and she was only 16!

• 2 months ago

no, it will clog the toilet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if you want to pay a high bill for a plumber and you have to explain what happened. 

• 2 months ago

No, it could clog up the toilet, and then you are going to have a plumbing issue. Throw them in the trash. 

• ron h
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I squeezed the air out and tied a knot so they wouldn't try to float up and get stuck in the drain pipes.  I wrapped some TP around them before flushing and I flushed a little more TP down with a second flush.  Outside trash IS the best thing to do if animals don't drag them out of the trash cans. 

• patty
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

wrap them in paper and throw in garbage

• 2 months ago

its embarrassing if the plumber is called

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

stuff like that end up in the ocean, fish ingest it and die

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

usually not.  municipal sewer systems screen them out. It's the garbage and motor oil from storm drains that doesn't always get cleaned up  And treatment plants can't extract drugs (and piss that contains drugs) from sewer water. 

• 2 months ago

If you are on a septic system it is a bad idea. They really should be disposed of in the waste basket as they are not made of biodegradable material.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.