Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Do you get offended when people think you don’t make sense?

Quite the opposite, I am happy when they tell me I don't make sense because I can possibly correct the problem. Sometimes words have multiple meanings and they interpret my words in a way that I did not mean. It helps me because I can now know there is their way of interpreting that might help me to be more clear in the future. However, most of the time it is just that I talk over their head because I know so much and forget others don't. From there it depends on the individual where most are not interested in understanding so I have to give the child rendition of what I attempting to say, but sometimes they do want to better understand and I go into more depth.

• A.J.

When people think I don't make sense the issue is almost always theirs. There is history of people who have commented on my broad range of intelligence and ability to communicate and prove points. What I accept is that I over-explain, providing more detail than they can handle. So, I don't get offended by someone's inability to comprehend me. I get frustrated by people's lack of education.

No.

My mind works faster than my mouth.

So before I'm done explaining things, the entire conversation flashed in my head 10 seconds early.

It's understandable.

But then there are some who aren't sharp. And those ones I have to bear with... 🥴😏🙄

I don't understand what you mean.