promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Is a No-Deal with the EU, part of getting brexit-done?

"Chief UK negotiator states that the UK won't accept a level play-field in trade negotiation with the EU" This means no deal.

Why don't the Tories tell the electorate that there's not going to be a deal with the EU, be it Canada style or any-other style for that matter.

And that's what they call getting brexit-done!!!

Attachment image

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The worst option is WTO / no deal.  The UK has struggled to negotiate effectively as they have experienced negotiators and have set a series of unachievable and incompatible goals.  Even now nearly 4 years on Brexiteers retain the obviously false notion that the UK will be able to dictate to the remaining 27 member states.  

The US recently reiterated Obama's honesty when he stated that the UK will be at the back of the queue when it comes to trade deals, with the US announcing the will negotiate a trade deal with the EU first.  

Fantasists who think the "Commonwealth," can replace the single market are fooling themselves.  Australia relies on China for 33% of its GDP and trading with the UK is a low priority.  Canada have no incentive to offer the UK more favourable terms that they gave to the EU, in fact no one does.  

There are literally no economic upsides to a no deal, the only people that benefit will be carpetbaggers and international tax evaders.  

• Salty dog
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Finally someone with a brain.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Jade
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

If we are no longer in the EU, they can not dictate our laws.

• Salty dog
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Makes no deference, they didn't dictate any laws to us anyway.

• 1 month ago

its one possible scenario , there are others

• Salty dog
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Name one that's just as good as the one we had?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

We should tell the EU where to go and they would soon come crawling asking us for a deal.

• ...Show all comments
    • Salty dog
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Great idea but, it's not going to happen.Our market's too small.Maybe the EU would listen to the Americans or the Chinese but,when the Americans threatened them with tariffs the EU just retaliated and the Americans drew their horns in.So little UK no way. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Bozo's "Getting Brexit Done" is entirely synonymous with "Getting Britain F*cked" - by whatever means available!

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Look, you gave the tories an unassailable majority, youll get what youre given, nothing to do with the EU, johnson wants to crash out, they will mess around for another ten months, then try to blame the EU for anything and everything that happens...

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Hey that's genius.  It's like telling your neighbour to pay more than half the cost of your new boundary fence, and on top of that, how about nicking a few inches of his garden when he builds it for you - what can go wrong!

• 1 month ago

When I voted to come,out in 2016 as far as I knew I was voting to completely sever any ties with the EU. "No-deal" is what I had expected. I would like to see a Commonwealth trade area.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I guess you have little experience of negotiating.  

At this stage there is nothing to tell and all bets are off.

• Salty dog
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

"I guess you have little experience" No we have no experience. We have always dictated trade terms to out former empire.We have never negotiate trade with anyone before, we don't know were to start.

• 1 month ago

We all knew it if Johnson and cummings took full control but the country voted over whelmingly  for it,  like when in the EU they are now in control not the beaurocrats of Europe we have an unelected Australian trained in Russia we have the capitalists that own the media like Rupert Murdoch , and lord ***** who owns the Mail unelected leaders pay no tax and hide abroad that's the beaurocracy we like . That's proper guidance page 3 and a larger stuf a country where if the queen dies the stock market goes up a sh**hole without a soul 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.