Do you think my sumo squat plan is good enough?

Hello, I was just wondering if 4 sets of 15 reps of sumo squats will help me gain muscle mass and strength. The weight I'm using is 48 lbs and I'm 160 lbs.

Favorite Answer

15 reps is training for endurance. If you want strength you should be lifting in the 1-5 rep range. Hypertrophy (size) is in the 6-12 rep range. 

And that's not to say certain rep ranges only do one thing. No matter how many reps you will build strength, size and endurance but certain rep ranges focus more on one than the others. 

The weight you use should be as heavy as possible while still getting in all of your reps and maintaining proper form. 

• .

Yes, some (muscle and strength). Doing 1 single exercise is going to provide you with limited results though, although you do work more muscles doing sumo squats than regular squats. I hope your sumo squats are just a part of your workout routine, and not the entire workout.

• nathaniel1 month agoReport

I do sumo squats, jump ropes, and weighted ankle footwork drills. I'm not to sure if that's enough but I'd really love suggestions, I believe I need more workouts for my upper legs.