Were there and hitches or glitches with your wedding? Care to elucidate?

Favorite Answer

I've been in lots of weddings and there was not a problem per se.  Only the marriage itself was an issue and most of them didn't last.  My son was a ring bearer in a wedding where I was the MOH and the bride complained my son did everything wrong when he did absolutely everything right!  She divorced eight months later...she and her husband lived in different states the first four months then she moved to be with him she said they argued all the time...go figure.  She even tried to pick an argument with a four year old.

My hairdresser decided to change my hairstyle on the day, it didn't hold up all day. We forgot to buy a black tie for pmy grandfather (he walked me down the aisle). Someone bought him one anyway and my train kept on falling off. Not too bad I thought....

• drip

One of the groomsmen (groom’s brother) didn’t realize the little bag attached to the tux hanger was important so he tossed it. Which had his bow tie and shirt studs  in it.  Fortunately I had a our DJ at the wedding ceremony who was wearing a tux. Who shared his stuff.  He had  to wear four cuff links as studs.  Groom didn’t take it well, but that was more because it was his little brother that screwed up. 

And then it snowed. And it didn’t stop snowing.   The best man decorated the inside of the car.  After the reception guests had a trip home that took 3x longer than the norm, if not more.  We couldn’t find our car in the snow and my brother went home and got his huge 4x4 and drove us to the hotel. It was the worse snow storm in years.

• sarah

Definitely nothing like in the picture, lol. Is that at your own wedding? If so, can you explain what happened? I know I'm supposed to be answering and not asking, but my interest is piqued, lol.

• Maia

Nope, not my wedding. We are two women, although for the vow renewal in the UK Laura did wear a tailored suit to 'wind people up'.

• Nothing like that, but there was one glitch. 

I got married in July, it usually gets very hot where I live in July.

At the venue the air conditioning decided to break down. People were sweltering so much they couldn't be in the reception room for too long. We had to find areas that had air conditioning or hang out on the patio. 

The only hitch, was that I got hitched, overseas , in Italy........and all my friends and family, were scattered all over the globe. 

I wasn't expecting people to drop everything and fly to Italy for the wedding. ------so my side of the aisle was pretty sparse. 

Luckily......my wife lived in a small village.....where virtually  *everyone* turned out for the wedding........as my In-laws  are as close to royalty here as anyone gets....and they invited  *everyone*. 

It was standing room only......and that was without any of my friends or family.......except for my sister, father,   and my brother and his wife and kid.......so 5 from my side.........and like 200 from hers. 

• Maia

We got married in Australia with my Aussie rellies present and ha d a vow renewal in the UK for the British rellies and friends...

After a couple of weeks of wonderful "Indian Summer" weather, on Der Tag we awoke to cold, windy, grey weather.  As we wanted to have the ceremony in our back yard, that disappointed.  However, about 75 minutes before we were to wed was a rapid change that can happen to weather in the foothills.  The temperature rose at least 10C, the wind stopped, & the clouds broke to reveal a brilliant sun.  It proved an even better day than we could have expected.  

The only problem was that the husband of the woman who caused us to meet, & so whom we made out Matron of Honour,apparently started babbling his loony ideas to others about what a "saint" Hitler was.  The day therefore wasn't perfect, but 99+1/2 is alright by me.    

English????????

• Rick

nope, went-off without a hitch ..............................