Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Why are 11 years considered part of middle childhood? Is it supposed to be the beginning of adolescence?

my English is a little bad Sorry.

cause it is part of middle childhood

It is actually a beginning of puberty. Adolescence comes from age 12-15 I think. 11 years old is still young for me beyond my experience.

Childhood is from birth up until a person turns 18, once a person turns 18 then they are legally an adult. 17 divided by 2 is 8 1/2 years old, so really in technical terms, middle childhood begins at 8, not 11.

Lets review the years

0-1= infant/baby

1-3= toddler/early childhood

5-8= school age/early childhood

8-13 = school age/middle childhood

14=17= school years/late childhood

Is 11 the beginning of puberty? In girls that would be an outstanding nope! Most girls begin puberty around 9 (some can be as young as 8), and by the time they are 11 a lot of girls are already done puberty. In guys? Yes! Guys tend to start puberty on average 2 years later than girls, 11 give or take is the beginning of puberty, some of course can start ealier, others later.