promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are most prepared foods using fake meat?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you buy ready meals the ingredients are printed on the pack, If its 'mock' meat it will say so, some use meat substitutes and some use 'reconstituted' meat, but this is still meat. The choice it up to you when you shop.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • J.S.
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Prepared food don't contain fake meat, unless the food is vegetarian and fake meat is used to approximate the taste and texture of meat. 

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They don't. Don't be silly.

• 1 month ago

I didn't know that they are but if one place is, there's a new demand for vegan foods since the Beyond Meat hype but also, fake meat has a much longer shelf life. Prepared foods are so expensive because of the legal and practical shelf lives. I always point out you're not buying your one lunch, you're buying 5 of them for the garbage, or more aptly, 4 of them for an employee to eat for lunch when they are faced with having to throw so many away.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They dont? Fake meat would be that vegetarian stifd and it's more expensive than just regularly old processed junk meat like chicken nuggets

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They're not. What planet do you live on?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fake meat is cheaper, so they sell it instead because they can get more of it quicker.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think they are...   Mot prepared foods are either meaty or they aren't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.