Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

What do I do about my parents not letting me go here for spring break?

I am a senior in high-school. Every year, everyone does things in big groups for spring break. I have never done these things. Now that I’m a senior, I had the idea to stay with my uncle who lives in Jupiter Fl. He has a large house and told me he is totally okay with me staying there with a friend. I mentioned it to my parents and they have expressed that the 9 hour drive is too long and they’re worried about something happening to me on the drive. I’ve tried to reason and say that their fears shouldn’t hold me back from this experience but they are being so stubborn. This is my only life, my last high school spring break I will ever get. I know there will be more opportunities for me to go to Jupiter but this is spring break and my parents don’t understand that I deserve this. I’ll be 18. I don’t want to go just to do something, there are tons of amazing things I’ve always dreamed of doing there that I have planned ( swimming with sharks, snorkeling, etc ). I am so conscious that if I have the opportunity to do this that I should. Life is so short. I shouldn’t be held back by my parents fears, but I won’t go without their permission even though I could. What the hell do I do?

• Foofa

I know that at 18 everything feels like a once-in-a-lifetime thing but trust me, Spring Break isn't the end of the world. But maybe if you could save up the money to fly instead of drive your parents would relent on this. It's also worth asking how they get along with your uncle. This may less about them not trusting you and more about them not trusting him.

i would just go

if you have a job, save up and fly on your own. Or ask if theyd be willing to pay for a plane ticket, maybe your uncle will chip in as well.

You don't, they KNOW what you are going to do and don't want you doing it til you are old enough.  High school is NOT the end of your life quit acting like it is.  You can do all these things when you have college spring break.

• Jane1 month agoReport

emily you suck dude

• Nancy

I used to live in Jupiter. You're not missing much. Jupiter is a boring bedroom community.