Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 month ago

Can the Apple store handle the porting of my number, keep me with my carrier etc?

I'm with AT&T and am in the market for a particular iPhone that none of the AT&T stores in my area have in stock, but the Apple store does.

I currently have an LG phone that is AT&T exclusive.

If I go to the Apple store, can they take care of porting my number, contacts and keeping me on my carriers network?

Or would I have to purchase the phone at the Apple Store and then take it to an AT&T store?

Yes............

In this case, you're not porting your number. Porting refers to moving your number from one carrier to another. The number is tied with your SIM card, not the phone so you should be able to take the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new iPhone and it should work fine assuming both phones use the same size SIM card. From the iPhone 5 and newer, they all use nano-SIM cards. I'm not sure what LG phone you have, so I can't tell you exactly what SIM card it uses.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe the Apple store will transfer your files/contacts from a non-Apple device. You would need to do that on your own or through an AT&T store.