What’s a reasonable quote for 8 by 10 room hardwood floor sand and refinishing?

I had one quote at 450 is that too much what is the fair price for a job like this

• Jerry

If it's a good job, that's a great price.

You can rent a sander for the day and do it yourself. As long as you finish with a fine grade and do it carefully, it is a lot cheaper and possible better to do it. 

• y

I'd think you would be closer to $1000.00. So half of that is probably a good deal, then again. You might get what you pay for.

It is not a technically difficult job, you can do it yourself if you are handy at all. Hands and knees for the corners and edges can be a *****, but they do actually have machines for that too. Finishing properly is a skill, but again, not too difficult.

For that price I would bet it will be a job by a novice and it will probably look like junk.  A professional job on a size of floor like that with both sand and refinish will cost  at the low end of about $900.

• A

The quote is going to depend on how much material will need to be removed by sanding,if you are not convinced get a second estimate

$5.63 per sqft actually sounds a bit low to me.

That sounds reasonable to me.