Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 month ago

What does this dream mean?

I had a dream where I was a child.

My parents were out of town and one of my favorite babysitters was taking my little sister and me to school.

She lead us out to her old station wagon and then unlocked the passenger side door and opened it for us. I get in and scoot over to the middle of the brown vinyl bench seat and them my sister sits down by the window. Once my sister and I both put on the brown seat belts, she closes the passenger side door, puts our book bags in the back seat, and then goes to lock up the house.

My sister and I then spend a really long time waiting in the station wagon for her to come back out. I keep looking towards the house, but do not see her.

Finally I see her locking-up the house and then walking out to the station wagon and then unlocking the driver side door.

She then sits down in the driver seat on my other side and closes her door. When she turns the key to start the station wagon, nothing happen except an annoying buzzing sound and red lights on the dash board. She keep pumping the pedal and turning the key but nothing happened except the buzzing sound and red lights.

I woke up from the dream while she was still trying to start the station wagon, so not sure it we ever made it to school.

Wondering what this dream means and why I had it as an adult several years later?

If the dream is about my sitter having the power and control, is there any significance to me being in the middle of the front seat since the person riding there has the least control??? 

Keys are used several times in your dream to symbolize power and authority.  Go back and see when and where your dream mentions locking this and opening that, in your dream.  Keys symbolize power and in her case, since your parents were gone, she was the one in charge.  No wonder she held the keys to your Life, where you go, or if you go, or even what you do. 

This sort of dream is what I refer to as a memory dream. Long term memories show up in your dreams as a metaphor that you have forgotten something important, and your subconscious is filling in something from your past to fill the gap. Think about it. What in your waking life have you been asked to remember that you can't seem to comply?

i would wonder what type of movies youve been watching lately