Help I need to miss work ?

I’m working this weekend and I NEED to do something at the times of my shifts (I didn’t know the times until today and wasn’t able to get time off). I can’t swap with anyone because the one person I could swap with is doing 2 8 hour shifts and I only do 4 and the hours I’m in she’s in. I would call in sick but I was sick last month and the month before and I’ve only actually been working here since November and I don’t want to be fired so is there anything else I could say ? 

Favorite Answer

Find someone else to swap with, or reschedule the other activity, or call in sick and hope they don't fire you. Those really are your only choices.

• A

Yes, do your job and stop expecting others to fill in for you

So, you've had a whole year to accrue whatever hours you needed to work, and you didn't bother to get your hours in. 

You've only worked since November and you've already called in sick twice. I suppose you could tell your boss the truth - you need the weekend off because you lack time management skills.  Don't be surprised if your hours are cut - no matter what excuse or lie you use.

• Bethany1 month agoReport

Time limit on the days meaning that even if I was working I could just do it before and after work, but we had to change at the last minute our idea and we are only allowed into the places at certain times to do the project 

Sounds like you need to start acting like an adult and reschedule whatever it is that you think you have to do.