promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Could anyone identify this maintenance part?

I would like to research maintenance parts to eventually get in the industry.


The shape is odd and the picture doesn't do it justice but it kinda looks like a high voltage bushing insulator but a small one. I see these on pole transformers but bigger and longer. I can't confirm this so any input would be great.

Update 2:

To be more specific, this is used or must know by a building maintenance technician.

Attachment image

6 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    What you have there is a small motor pulley. It goes onto the shaft of an electric motor to drive a V-belt. Typically used on washing machines, large air handlers and the like.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Snezzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Looks to me like some of the lesser-quality insulators for electric fence. If so, then there's no way that it has anything to do with maintenance of anything except fences. Quite common on some livestock farms.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    To me it looks like a adjustable pulley that goes on a motor to drive a belt.  Course the pic isn't the best.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    There is NO SUCH THING as 'maintenance parts'. The parts used in maintenance depends on what you are maintaining.

    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

      Sure, and when you need parts for maintenance, you naturally go to the MAINTENANCE PARTS STORE, like normal people.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    If it is Rubber, it could be a Seal, Bushing, Grease retainer, 

    My guess is for a motorcycle suspension.

    If it is hard: porcelain, plastic, rubber, or glass,  I agree, it might be an insulator.

    You need to take up Engineering.

    Maintenance is anybody fixing or repairing, "maintaining" the item or facility.

    It can be as simple as cleaning the floors, or as complicated as keeping Elevators working.

    General nomenclature is not going to be much help without a specific discipline.

  • 2 months ago

    Ah yes......... that's the "White square with little holes punched through it", part number WS73822. It's used mainly for attaching small, black UFO-looking buttons to. Hope this helped.

    • mkvision2 months agoReport

      No, but I will note UFO-looking buttons.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.