Honest opinions is this a bad sign from an employer? ?

So back in June I applied for a job 20 hours from where I currently live and was offered the position. Unfortunately, due to extenuating circumstances beyond my control I had to turn the job down. 

I’ve applied with the same company again. They called and asked me to come in for an interview. I explained that I’m currently 20 hours away. The HR manager told me she would get in contact with the hiring manager for that department to see if he was willing to accommodate me and set up a face to face computer interview. It took almost 2 weeks to hear back from HR. They told me they were willing to do a phone interview. The HR manager told me to call her office at 10AM tomorrow and she would then connect me to the hiring manager for my interview. I’m seeing a few “red flags” and I’m starting to wonder if taking this interview is in my best interest. 

1.They were unwilling to do a face to face computer (Skype) interview and would only do a phone interview with me yet (to my knowledge) all other candidates are coming in for a face to face interview. (They has asked me to come on site so I’m assuming local candidates were asked too)

2. They aren’t even going to call me. I’ve never had a phone interview where it’s my responsibility to call the party interviewing me. (Not that it’s a big deal just never had that before)

Is this all bad signs or am I reading too deeply? Previously, when I interviewed in June they were willing to accommodate me and gave me a face to face via computer. 

Favorite Answer

If they keep talking to you means you are still on their list.

You are seeing red flags?  You ARE a red flag.  You are expected to get to the interview if you want the job, even if it means flying to get there and flying home immediately after.  I'm surprised that they entertained interviewing you at all after you threw the fact that you are 20 hours away in their face.  They must be desperate.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Its slightly different this time, but the answer is the same...

This whole interview situation is not a red flag...you need to get some new flags.  

You just have to ask 19 more times.