promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is the island of Anguilla an independent nation or part of the British Commonwealth?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is a British territory.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • IOM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Anguilla is an internally self-governing overseas territory of the United Kingdom. Its politics take place in a framework of a parliamentary representative democratic dependency, whereby the Premier is the head of government, and of a pluriform multi-party system.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

It's a self-governing dependency, and considered a British Overseas Territory. Hence part of the commonwealth.

• 2 months ago

Simonpedia:

Not to be confused by Aguilera, Anguilla is an overseas territory held by Britain, and aside from Anguillan music, has nothing to do whatsoever with music nor rap/hip-hop.

On February 20th, 2020, someone posted on Yahoo Answers a question in the music section about Anguilla, which caused a lot of backlash. A Yahoo Answer user named Simon said "they're lucky as hell that I answer music questions and know a bit about geography. I'm telling you, I don't know many musicians that could know anything whatsoever about Anguilla, so they're one lucky bastard."

Simon also mentioned that the user should be more careful about which category their question is in so that they can get responses from people that know the questions best.

Sources: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.