Ty asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

Is it safe to smoke weed while taking Abilify?

I take 5mg Abilify for depression and anxiety and want to start smoking weed again soon especially because I have a concert coming up but just in general. In research, I've seen that some people say since Abilify is an antipsychotic not to mix the two because it could potentially cause an adverse reaction but others have been missing the two for months or years with no issues... I also want to know if it would make any difference to wein off/stop taking Abilify before the concert a few days (Abilify can stay in the system for up to like 30 so days) or if the combo of the 2 could be lethal or anything or if it's more about it could just worsen my depression? You know because one of those is manageable while the other needs to be avoided. or stopping of the Abilify could be dangerous either? Thank you.

*mixing* not missing

• Mercy

Everyone reacts differently to drugs. Only your Dr can tell you if that is a safe combo for you. 

Using cannabis (Schedule I substance) together with ARIPiprazole may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, and difficulty concentrating. Some people, especially the elderly, may also experience impairment in thinking, judgment, and motor coordination.