Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Best dog breeds to get?

• Kate

This would depe on where you live....house with yard, apartment etc. My favourite is Border Collies but they do need room to run around. I would never get a dog that has to be kept indoors, not fair on them.

a blondeginamal

• 1 month agoReport

Awesome 

Beagle, havanese, poodle

• lillian1 month agoReport

yes, also great danes

This is such a vague question!. How can we know what is the best dog breed for you when you haven't specified your lifestyle/circumstances/and other stuff!

Basset Hound puppy. Rottweiler puppy. German Shepherd puppy. Newfoundland puppy. Doberman puppy. Czechoslovakian Wolfdog puppy.

• Larry
      1 month agoReport

What happens when the're no longer puppies?

• patty

depends how much exercise u can give them, also

if u have a yard or not. larger dogs need more food therefore more money. I personally would not get a dog with a squashed nose due to breathing problems. also if u get a dog that needs regular clipping it can turn out a bit expensive.

Best dog breeds to get ---------For what exactly?...... Eg Jack Russels are renowned for their ratting abilities- But they make shite drovers dogs.

• *****

The one that best suits the specific household. There are no best breeds for everyone to have; if there was, there'd be substantially less breeds of dog. A home that wants a daily jogging partner is suited for an entirely different set of breeds than someone who wants a dog to chill with on the sofa most of the day and have a short stroll around the block, for example. 

Oh, and use caution with various dog breed quizzes and be sure to do your own research on breeds you're considering. I sometimes take them for fun to see what they come up with, and they can spit out some absolutely ridiculous suggestions. The Animal Planet one, for example, did not produce a single breed that I'd be remotely interested in, populating the list with large scenthounds, herding breeds, and high energy sporting breeds despite my indicating I preferred a "couch potato". 

There's no such thing.  ALL breeds are best - for the RIGHT person.  A great breed for one person would be dead wrong for the next.  That's why people need to actually do their research and find a  breed, if any, that they'd be a suitable owner for.

It seems to matter a lot as to your own lifestyle what that answer would be. There are dogs who are lazy, and dogs who never stop. There are big dogs and tiny dogs. More information is needed, but I do recall seeing something online once where you could put in your characteristics, and they'd match you with a breed based on your answers. That may be worth checking into.