Presidential Election 11/2020?

What's the point for us little irrelevant individual voters voting as long as electoral college has the last day? I hold a different political views than my home state and they have their way every Election. What's the damn point?!

• Clive
    Favorite Answer

The point is that your vote decides who the electors will be.  And that your state hasn't chosen a sensible way of doing this.  Your vote would count more if the state allocated electors in proportion to the vote, but no state does that.  (Now that would make a good Amendment.)

Nor does it help you not to vote just because you always lose.  One day you might not, but it's not going to happen if you don't vote.

Your vote as well everyone elses' vote is what determines the result of the Electoral college vote for your state. THAT'S THE DAMN POINT! Depending on your state, the winner may take all the Electoral votes or they may be apportioned proportionally depending on the rules of your state or Party (if this is a Party Primary election you are referring too).

The state votes for the president and the Democracy happens within the state. I feel your pain, I live in a Blue state so my vote often gets run over, but I understand the purpose of Electoral College.

The point is obvious; when people like you don't vote at all, they'll never get their way in the elections. And the opposition will always win.

Never for you and always for them. Is that what you want? Give yourself a chance and vote, more than that, get your buddies who also think the same way to vote too. You might be surprised one day.

nobody has the last day

• Kevin

it doesn't matter. Trump is going to win in a landslide

• Clive
      1 month agoReport

You don't know that.