promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

is there something wrong with me? ?

I have very good hygiene and hate the feeling of being dirty or anything like that. But it takes me a total of an hour to get everything done. (And when I say everything, I'm NOT getting all dolled up. I do just the basics. I shower, I floss, brush my teeth, comb my hair, style it, wash my face, moisturize my body, pick an outfit) and at this point I'm really tired of that and now I just feel dread when I know I have to go somewhere because I'm like "ugh, here's an hour of me just getting ready" and I know i have to do it but I don't WANT to do it and I feel like something may be wrong because I shouldn't feel this way about something as simple as keeping up my hygiene. 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • I am 72 and still carry this trait.  Please know - you are not alone.

When I was a child people only cleansed their bodies once a week.  Maybe shampooed their hair twice!  My personal hygiene is not up to date by any standard.  It is just how I was reared.  We are a product of our own environment, to some measure.   :D

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Do these things at different times of the day.   Can't you moisturize at night?   I did all of that stuff when young.   I look back now at can't believe what a waste of time it was.   Simplify your make-up.   Why do you style your hair so much?   The style now is NOT to style.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Being responsible for a human body can be a drag. But failure to do this stuff can result in everything from skin diseases to dental problems so it's just stuff you're going to have to do. I do grant you that it gets exhausting. Especially if you factor in working out regularly and eating healthily to take care of yourself.

• 1 month ago

No but do you like pb&js ??

Source(s): my mom
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

One hour is not bad it's actually very good.  I think you are a healthy individual.  I met someone who took four hours to get ready.

• 1 month ago

there's 16 hours a day....  hell yeah there's something with you... those things are a part of life.. what's wrong with the world you live in? say the pledge of allegiance and ask yourself.. what's really going on? exactly... I recovered from amnesia and my issues are real and of course I'm still enthusiastic about life... I try...and I still obey God.. you can't look in the mirror and be alone... love your life and don't let God down.. if you're sad.. then be smart.. know that you're better off being independent... 

• 1 month ago

set alarms for different things and try to be as alert as possible when getting dressed for example splash your face with cold water if you've just woken up. For the alarms: two minutes brushing teeth, one minute flossing, ten minutes showering(idk) ect.

• 1 month ago

You need to seek professional help

• 1 month ago

Don’t listen to these losers.  Keep up that routine so you don’t look like some kind of slob when you leave the house.

I bet half these folks cut corners and walk out the door in then ugly pajamas.  Don’t be like them.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You take much too long to do it. When you know you have to go somewhere, pick your outfit the night before. A shower, etc shouldn't take more than half an hour.

• Pat Wooden
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

It's the hair--mine is short and thick with some parts straight and some parts sticking out or making a half-curl.  It takes forever to dry.  When I know i'm not leaving the house, I don't dry or style my hair and I look like I should be in an asylum.  You're lucky.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.