promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

Fake insurance cards. My niece plans on taking a fake insurance card to the dmv to register her car. She is hard headed. Will she get caught?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

She likely would just get turned away.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Since you totally forgot to say which DMV, the answer is maybe and that's final.  There are no international laws governing DMV offices and insurance verification, just so you know.

In some jurisdictions, especially ones with mandatory insurance reporting, she'd be busted in two seconds.  In others, the DMV doesn't really care and just takes everyone's word for it.

Forget the DMV, though.  The worst thing they'll probably do is refuse to issue a registration.  Your niece will get busted for sure if she gives false ID to a cop, because that's against the law everywhere.  Cops in every state and province can verify (or bust) an insurance ID instantly, twenty-four-seven.

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes, sooner or later she will be "caught" and she will regret pulling such a stunt. She will have plenty of time to regret her actions while serving her prison term.

• 1 month ago

100%. The DMV cross references with the insurance companies. Loads of fools turn up with fake insurance cards. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

She might, in fact I hope she does.

• ...Show all comments
    • May
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

You cannot put her "ON" your insurance.  It doesn't work that way.    Her vehicle must have its own policy

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In my state she would. Instantly. When it was first a requirement, I think the fake one may have worked. It took them a year or two to go online with the insurance companies.  It also would not work with cops and even trying it could mean an extra ticket.

My niece has insurance but she lacks good sense as she is thinking about packing up, moving 1000 miles away with a guy she met on the internet. SMH

• Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've been pulled over without a current insurance card, and the cops were able to verify that I had current insurance online in no time. I'm sure that the dmv can do this, too. She likely would just get turned away.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They've seen a lot of fake cards, the way liquor-store employees have seen a lot of fake IDs.  Both groups know how to spot them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.