promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

How much would I pay if I hire a realtor?

If I hire a realtor to sell my $50,000 land. How much would I have to pay him/her?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

When the land is sold, the realtor gets his/her percentage before you get the rest.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

In my area the going commission rate on selling raw land is in the 8%-10% range.

• MR ed
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

normal 6 percent of the sale price

• 2 months ago

Where I live it's generally 6% of the sales price, paid when it closes. In your case $3000.00.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's completely negotiable.  But if it's too low it won't shown.

• 2 months ago

Around 6% (3% to the realtor you hire to represent you and 3% of that is usually passed on to the realtor who brings teh buyer to the deal) is standard. However, since this is land and thus typically more difficult to sell, the realtor may ask more. Also, since the price is fairly low (at least for some areas) the realtor may want a bit more. Still, it should be at least close to 6% or look for another realtor. If you interview 3 realtors and they all want 10%, then maybe that's the standard where you are and you are just going to have to pay that much.

• 2 months ago

typically commission is 6%, but can be negotiated.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your realtor would get up to about 3%, but you are also responsible for the buyer's realtor's commission of up to the same amount as well  So total 6%.

• 2 months ago

Fees are negotiable. But the most demanded amount is 7%. That would be $3,500.

Lv 7
    2 months ago

The commission is typically six percent of the final sales price. So $3,000 dollars.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.