promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
WiseMan asked in Dining OutFast Food · 1 month ago

Are Subway sandwiches healthy?

Are Subway sandwiches considered healthy take out food?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on what you compare it with.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Not the way I build them!

• 1 month ago

They can be healthier than a place that deep fries, but it is up to you to make your sandwich healthy so that you don't fall into the trap of thinking that it is healthy because it is a 'sandwich' and not a fried item.

The healthiest sandwich is basically just the fresh veggies on a whole wheat bun. No mayo or sauces, no pickled veggies, no cheese and no meat, or lean meat if you have to have it, such as turkey. The fat and calories start to add up when you add the other items I mentioned, as they are the items people don't realize are what makes your sandwich unhealthy.

• 1 month ago

They want you to think so, the green décor is to make you think so, they asked a psychologist what colour schemes to use. Anyway by the time you've added sauce, a fizzy drink and a cookie, you might as well get a big mac meal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are a lot of salt, fat, and carbs in a subway sandwich. 

• 1 month ago

they seem that way to me

• heyam1 month agoReport

as for my information, it is very healthy, but don't add to much cheese and it can start getting unhealthy if you eat it every day, every thing that you from every day is very unhealthy, especially if it is already bad for you. 

• Bob
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not really but they can offer far better options in terms of healthy food, but  it depends on what you put on the sandwich you order.

• 1 month ago

no they are not.

• 1 month ago

I think "healthiness" is fairly subjective and depends on what you choose at any fast food restaurant. Nonetheless, subway can be healthy if you choose nutritious options like a lot of vegetables, less sauce, whole wheat bread, etc.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Everything is healthy until you have too much.

Subway sandwiches have meat, bread, and veggies. You decide if that's healthy.

• ...Show all comments
    • ?
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Big Mac is meat, bread, pickles, onions, and lettuce with Thousand Island dressing. Which one of those is unhealthy and why can't you order it without that component? Again, everything is unhealthy if you have too much.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.