Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Should your parents help you raise your baby?

I have a son and daughter at 3 and 6. My parents help me with them though my father is starting to become depressed and is moaning that I ask them to watch my kids while I go out. My mom is completely fine about it and enjoys my kids company. My father is just not on board with it anymore and says he doesn't want them round the house most days. How can I make him man up and take responsibility like my mother does. 

It's NOT your parents job to raise your crotch goblins, they are NOT built in baby sitters that you think you can just dump your kids on while you go party and most likely in your case make another crotch goblin. 

Why don't you do what other parents do and actually raise your crotch goblins on your own? ya know stay at home with them and actually be a mother instead of a party girl trying to find their next 'daddy' 

I hope your father kicks you and the crotch goblins out of HIS house to actually make you grow up and realize you are a mother and not a high schooler, or if you leave your crotch goblins with them again I hope he calls CPS on your *** for abandonment

Grow the **** up and actually be a mother instead of a tramp 

• e9601:

Your kids are YOUR responsibility. How dare you think your parents should do it? Grow up and STOP having kids.

'How can I make him man up and take responsibility'???  Really?  Your kids are NOT his responsibility - your kids are YOUR responsibility!

I think Grandparents should be just that*.... they've already raised their kids...n now that you have your own kids....it's not up to them to raise them but to be there n have Fun with their grandkids*... If ur going out (alot) n ur parents are left with the kids I can see your dad not being on board as I said already..they've raised their kids.....it's NOT your DAD or Your Mums Responsibility...... HEAR what ur Dad is saying...he needs a wee break n not wanting the kids around all the time...doesn't mean he doesn't love them.......he just needs a wee bit of a break.....a 3yr old n a 6yr old is alot to handle....ur folks arn't  young chickens anymore.....although your mum wants to do anything n everything possible to make YOU happy as well as the grandkids..... im sure she's knackered at the end of the day........ is there not someone else you can drop the kids off to when You need a night out??....but before your Dad feels like it's too much n starts to have resentment...hard feelings........perhaps give them the break they need........let the kids visit n play n then go home*......APPRECIATE you having ur parents in ur life n ur kids lives but don't take advantage of it....ur dad is not a bad person for wanting a wee break ...sounds like perhaps it's becoming a pattern that you want to go out so drop the kids there...it IS alot of work as you well know....but even harder for ur parents*.......... n dont be mad with ur dad telling him he should MAN UP............that's very disrespectful n hurtful*...he HAS manned up over your life span .......he didn't walk out on ur mum or u/sibblings if u have any...he was there..........try to find alternative options for when  u feel u need a break...n back off ur dad a tad and be greatful for all he's done for u n ur kids*

It's not his job to help you raise your kids, you should've asked before you had any if they would like too. You can't make him do anything if he doesn't want to and I'm appalled to you think he should. Maybe he just isn't a kid person. My wife and I always kept our GKs, they even stayed with us a lot but we didn't keep them because their parents wanted us too, we kept them because we wanted to. I could get them to sleep a lot easier than my wife or their parents could.

It's not your dad's responsibility to take care of your kids.  You are lucky your parents babysit at all.  Your dad "manned up" and took care of you and raised you, didn't he?  That was his responsibility.  Don't leave your kids with your parents while you go out with friends especially if you already live at home or they are taking care of your kids while you work as well.  Sounds like YOU need to man or woman up!  

Him man up, for your screw up doesn't make sense to me. Him maning up would be him kicking you, and your kids out of his house.

Him raising YOUR kids is not his responsibility, or your mom's responsibility. There is a good reason why it's ideal, for couples to stay together. When the mom can't stay with the kids, for whatever reason then the dad can do it if you get where I am coming from. If you are a single parent then it's just going to be harder, for you. I suppose you would have to bring them with you wherever you go unless if you can afford a babysitter.

• Drake2 months agoReport

you're not supposed to use him in the beginning of the sentence.. smart ***

It's there choice, it can't be imposed.

• Kelly

No, your kids are 100% your responsibility ...  24 hours a day, 7 days week, 365 days of the year and for leap year 366 days.  Absolutely, nobody else except their other parent.

Your parents have done their job and raised their own kids, it is your turn.

If your dad doesn't want them around either they have some behavior issues that you're not addressing or they are there too often so they don't get time to their selves and likely dad is just being vocal about it.  Mom likely feels the same way, but won't say it.

Picking your kids up from school occasionally, watching them here and there is one thing but having them just as much or more than you is a nuisance. 

The person who needs to man up here is ... YOU.

• Eva

Your parents have NO, let me repeat NO responsibility to raise your kids. They are YOUR responsibility. If you want to go out and party, hire a babysitter. If you're leaving them with your parents while you're working, find some other daycare that can take them sometimes to give your parents a break. I get that child care is expensive, but you chose to have them.