promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how old is my pc windows 7 system?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I just installed win7 a couple of days ago on a computer that used to have XP. One way to see how old your computer is, if branded, is to check the model. From there you can work your way through the manufacturer's website and photos in search sites to see how old it is. If it's independently assembled, look for the model of the motherboard then search info for it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is the equivalent of you ringing the garage and asking “How old is my Ford Fiesta” what do you think the response would be?. 

Windows 7 was released in 2009, and new computers were released with W7 for the next 8 years, refurbished computers still have W7.

• And then there are the XP *AND VISTA* systems that could've handled the upgrade to Win7. So it COULD be as old as the first 1Ghz CPU systems released, or an upgraded originally 750Mhz PIII.

• Adrian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It could be just a couple of years old, if it was bought used or refurbished. Or it could be up to 10 years old or more since Win7 came out in October 2009....

Without knowing the actual hardware/CPU, that is about the best guess anyone can give

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Many years old.  Old enough that Microsoft no longer supports it.  You can still update it very likely to Windows 10 at no cost.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-st...

you do not need to buy a new license.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.