promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If you live in a town or city with a notable University, is the place over-run with young Japanese, Chinese and even Korean students?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Over-run is a very insulting term. If there are many Asian students in North American universities, it is because they are well-prepared. They must compete with other entering students on a nondiscriminatory basis. Do you have a problem with that?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I have been at two graduation ceremonies at Glasgow University in the last ten years, and have been struck by the very large numbers of Chinese students graduating, almost all in technical and financial subjects.

There is no denying that Chinese students really understand how to achieve.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What' s your definition of "overrun"?

Here in the Netherlands, most universities have asian students, but it's not like they amount to 20 % or more

• 2 months ago

Not my place with any of them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No.  I lived in Ottawa, and at the UofO (82-85), there were lots of Hong Kong students in the science area, as this was just before HK went back to China, and residents there were hedging their bets.  Maybe 20% in science were from Hong Kong.  I met none from Japan, nor Korea.

St. Pauls (Ottawa) 2002-05 I met none from those places at all.  There were a few Africans, but, that's about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.