promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What will the heaven and the earth be destroyed by? Show scriptures.?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

2 Peter chapter 3 seems pretty plain:

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

11Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

• ...Show all comments
    • TeeM
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

After the NWT, my go to bible is the NASB but

When the NASB translation of 2 Pet 3 disagrees with Gen 8:21, then yes.
      When the NASB disagrees with the ancient texts, then yes.

And yet: even the footnote to 2 Pet 3:10 of the NASB states: "Two early mss read "discovered""

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The scriptures don't give any indication. However we know both from Scripture and from science that it will eventually happen.

• 2 months ago

The narrative of 2 Peter 3 is there for all to read.

• viola
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The heaven and earth will never be destroyed. Please read Ecclesiastes 1:4. It says One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. Although one generation of mankind has been replaced by another, the earth, the globe on which we live, remains standing. But for how long? It will be forever. What does that mean? Please read Isaiah 45:18 it says For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Never, why?

(Genesis 8:21, 22) “. . .So Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground on man’s account, for the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again will I strike down every living thing as I have done. 22 From now on, the earth will never cease to have seed-sowing and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night.””

What is destroyed is the ungodly men.

(2 Peter 3:7) “7 But by the same word the heavens and the earth that now exist are reserved for fire and are being kept until the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly people.”

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) “21 For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.”

(Psalm 37:9) “ 9 For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth.”

We do not have to literally kill ourselves in order to put on the 'new' personality.

We take off the 'old' personality and replace it the 'new' personality that is in harmony with Christ.

Jehovah by means of Christ remove the wicked and in effect creates a new earth.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Who saith the earth will be destroyed?

Show scriptures that you've misinterpreted?

"One generation passeth away, and another cometh:  BUT THE EARTH ABIDETH FOREVER" (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Isa 65:17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

Isa 66:22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your offspring and your name remain.

2 Pe 3:7 But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

2 Pe 3:12-13 waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do your own homework. Show scriptures.

• 2 months ago

The world is a sleep demon, heaven and earth is constantly destroyed or raptured by it's own sin.

Perpetual sleep demons or gen curses and Parthenogenisis of a degenerative condition 

145-148 The confusion is due to want of discrimination between the real and the unreal among ignorant folk. Ignorantly indeed do they say that the wakeful universe is real. Tripura Rahasaya

• 2 months ago

when the sun dies 5 billion years from now. The sun will expand way past Earths orbit. Swallowing up the Earth.  The sun created the earth and it will destroy it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.