Sujay asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

If someone with self defense skills attacks you and counters your defenses and shuts you down, how do you defend yourself?

Just out of curiosity, if someone with self defense training/skills attacks you and stops or counters your attacks in self defense, then shuts you down with more of their self defense attacks, how do you defend against that?

You're confusing offense and defense here. The question seems offensive, that might help you.

Lol. What? I don't think that would happen, but okay.

Weapons if they're just really dang good.  Feints if they're just ok.

Really all depends how experienced they are.  If they are really good, feints won't be as effective.  Use a weapon and attack their hands or knees, I'm thinking of stick or baton.  

Ultimately, a gun wins if you have it drawn before things get kinetic.

• Steel

I've attempted (to no avail) to get my wife interested in martial arts, especially since there are some undesirable parts of town in and around her location for work. I have, though, successfully taught her some basics - just enough to defend herself against most forms of common attacks.

What I told her next resonates with your question: if all else fails, fight like a f***ing Comanche, go berserk, turn into a wild animal. Scratch, claw, bite, knee, scream, flail, etc. If you're being attacked by someone who is superior in all aspects of combat to you and you fear for you life, you make them work for it, and maybe cause them to stop the attack.

• Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

excellent answer & anecdote