Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How do I respond to my friend's rude older brother?

There has been a few incidents when I have rang their house phone and my friend has not been in and I have rang back a few times to see if he has returned. And the last time his brother shouted down the phone "STOP RINGING THE HOUSE, I HAVE TOLD YOU MULTIPLE OCCASIONS I WILL GET HIM TO RING YOU BACK AND YET YOU CALL EACH 10 MINUTES".

• Ann

You back off and quit calling.  Your bf will call back in good time.  In the meantime, you sound needy and desperate. 

STOP calling so often!  Like the older brother told you 'I will get him to call you back'.

Just say "Thank you.  I will not call again and sorry I bothered you."  Then hang up and learn some manners.

You say "Thank you."

• Foofa

You stop calling every 10 minutes for one thing. Then maybe you talk to your friend about scheduling calls so you only ring when he's there. Kudos though for going old school and not just texting him.

By following his directions.

• JuanB

You test him and don't call and see if he passes on your message and your friend calls you back.

If he says he will pass on the message, you are being rude calling back so much and not trusting him.

But I recall I had to frequently call someone on business and her son would answer but would never pass on messages.... 

You respond by saying, 'I'm so sorry; it was really stupid and unforgivable of me, when you had already promised to get him to ring me back'.

• Elaine

The brother was fed up with you repeatedly calling.  In addition by the repeated calls you are telling the brother that you don't trust him to pass on the message. Stop calling. 

• patty

ring the friends mobile