promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

How do I respond to my friend's rude older brother?

There has been a few incidents when I have rang their house phone and my friend has not been in and I have rang back a few times to see if he has returned. And the last time his brother shouted down the phone "STOP RINGING THE HOUSE, I HAVE TOLD YOU MULTIPLE OCCASIONS I WILL GET HIM TO RING YOU BACK AND YET YOU CALL EACH 10 MINUTES".

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You back off and quit calling.  Your bf will call back in good time.  In the meantime, you sound needy and desperate. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

STOP calling so often!  Like the older brother told you 'I will get him to call you back'.

• 1 month ago

Just say "Thank you.  I will not call again and sorry I bothered you."  Then hang up and learn some manners.

• 1 month ago

You say "Thank you."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You stop calling every 10 minutes for one thing. Then maybe you talk to your friend about scheduling calls so you only ring when he's there. Kudos though for going old school and not just texting him.

• 1 month ago

By following his directions.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You test him and don't call and see if he passes on your message and your friend calls you back.

If he says he will pass on the message, you are being rude calling back so much and not trusting him.

But I recall I had to frequently call someone on business and her son would answer but would never pass on messages.... 

• 1 month ago

You respond by saying, 'I'm so sorry; it was really stupid and unforgivable of me, when you had already promised to get him to ring me back'.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The brother was fed up with you repeatedly calling.  In addition by the repeated calls you are telling the brother that you don't trust him to pass on the message. Stop calling. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

ring the friends mobile

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.