Would you ever speak to again a sibling who stole from your inheritance?

Whether it be money or belongs, has this ever happened to you? What was the aftermath? What happened and how did you feel?

My brother coerced our mother to give him everything and I received nothing. 

He is dead to me and we haven't spoken in over 12 years.  He received two

houses and money and all assets. I received nothing.

i dont think so

I wish you had explained what you mean by "stole", because the answer depends on that.  For example, I've seen questions in here where someone says another person stole their inheritance.  In almost all of them it turns out that the deceased person made verbal promises, but then the will gets read and those promises turned out to be untrue.  Depending on circumstances, I'm not sure I'd blame a sibling who accepted what the will said was theirs.  It all depends on how it played out.

If your situation isn't like this, that might be very different.  But I can't see any way someone could actually steal from you without committing a crime, like a forget signature or whatever.  In that case, my sib would be dead to me and I'd be filing charges.

• audrey

No I would not. They would be dead to me.

I'll be mad and I wouldnt speak to them until they own up and aplogoize. I'll forgive not for them but for myself because i need to move on.