I accidently put 2 tablespoons instead of 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in my cake from scratch how will it come out?

It's a regular yellow cake for the family but will it taste horrible from too much vanilla extract or will it just tasted extra vanillery?

Favorite Answer

It will have more vanilla taste. Should be fine. I often put extra vanilla in things. And anyway, it's too late to do anything about it.

• Larry K.
      1 month agoReport

Strawberry, the density had nothing to do with the vanilla. Karen's right. I live near Mexico,  cross the border to buy pure vanilla extract by the liter really cheap. I never measure the amount of vanilla I dump in a recipe, but I'm sure it's always more than the recipe calls for. It's always fine.

I'd have thought that with that much extra liquid the texture will be wrong.

I don't think it will matter though because it will be inedible because of the taste.

“Extra vanilla” is one thing but you've put in close on twenty times as much!

you'll find out when it comes out