My Adam's apple seems to rub/grind when I move it side to side?

I've had this problem for about a year now. I've been diagnosed with anxiety, and with a common symptom of anxiety, my throat/chest area gets tingly and numb. I vape and drink a good bit and am on medication for the anxiety. 

That being said, my throat is such a pain in my a**. It will go numb or make me feel like I cant breathe or swallow most days. In the past year I've noticed that when I look up, I can move stuff around in my throat? When I say that I mean: when looking up with chin towards the sky, right above my Adam's apple and beneath my chin, I can almost grab ahold of my throat and move stuff side to side. When I do that, it grinds and makes some cracking noises. When I start to get panic attacks, this is definitely the area that gets affected and I can basically move "it"  (it being whatever is there in my throat that I'm moving) to the other side to kind of ease my symptoms of the panic attack. 

I apologize for such a long post, but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and I'm wondering at least if people have the same thing going on and if they might have any answers. I'm trying to get with my doctor to get x-rays, but I'm so nervous that it's a lot worse than what I'm thinking. 

Thanks in advance for any help or responses.

Everyone's trachea makes that sound and grinding when it is moved like that!

You might see your family provider to see if medication (noncontrolled type) could help you manage your anxiety.

maybe you should go see your doctor and get it checked out