Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Why would a male be jealous of another male ?

Money, looks, relationship, sports prowess, job … there are lots of possible reasons.

he have something that he want (a woman that he like)

(I'm sorry, this is going to be kinda long.  Warning you up front!)

People use the word 'jealous' to mean two things.

'Jealous' means that you're afraid someone is going to take something you have. You jealously guard your property and possessions. 

But the word is also used to mean 'envious', that is, when you want something someone else has.  'Jealous is the wrong word for that, but people use it that way.  Envy, of course, is called 'coveting' in the Ten Commandments, and you're not supposed to do it.

So suppose I'm a young guy.  I don't have a girlfriend, but my best friend has a really beautiful girlfriend.  And I envy him!  That could happen!

Suppose she's MY girlfriend!  Suppose he's getting a little too touchy-feely with my girlfriend.  Then I'd be jealous.

Envy and jealousy are both part of human nature.  We all do them.  Some people have better control over them than others.

Maybe that guy made 73 thousand dollars in one month! 💵

Jealousy is pretty much never rational but it sometimes happens to almost all of us humans nonetheless.