My manager wants me to take surveys pretending to be somebody else, Should I do it?

I work at a fast food restaurant and my manager asked me to look at my phone. I asked her why and she told me "survey". That's literally all She said. So me thinking that we're friends or something I have her by cell phone. She said I couldn't be connected to the store Wi-Fi and so I told her I don't have data. That's when she dropped it and said "oh, you can't do it then" and then gave me back my phone and hasn't asked me to do it again since. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she is a bad person but I don't like to lie and do this kind of stuff. What do I get out of it? I would be committing fraud wouldn't I? If it were a survey to ask employees how we like working here I could understand, but from what I understand it was us pretending to be customers who would take the survey. I don't know if this is affecting my relationship with my manager and some of my co-workers or not, but I don't think I could continue working here if they keep wanting me to lie. It's not that I don't lie, it's just the core principle of how we were told to do things. When we started working here were signed out names under certain agreements and if I do something shady it could break those agreements. There is nothing protecting me from becoming a scapegoat if they ever got caught. Every time the district manager comes around to check up on the store my manager would always start telling me I'm slow or that I have to do it like this or like that. She never does this when the DM is not around.

I have already noticed myself becoming the scapegoat at my workplace. The only thing that is stopping that is my manager (the same manager who asked me to take the survey). Like I said, I know my manager has some good in her and that's why I still haven't become a complete door mat, but I can't get behind her turning her back on me when other co-workers call me names or make fun of me. She seems close to a few people at work and always seems to talk behind other people's back.

She has complained about people being too slow behind their backs and gossiping to us. Today she said somebody was, and I quote, "she is a waste of labor". I don't know who she was talking about, but it caught me by surprise. I was super shocked. It seems my manager is not the person who I wish her to be. I would like to believe she has some good in her, but I really don't know anymore. If you're going to tell somebody that they're a waste of labor I think you should tell them directly in their 

face rather than saying it behind their backs because they doesn't help at all. There is no communication and no constructive criticism. If course I guess I could be wrong if she does tell them this to their face too.. I don't know. That's why I am so confused about my workplace. Right now I just try to not step on anybody's toes. I do what I am told and ask for help if I need to. I surrender my pride if I don't know how to do something. I get compliments every now and then (especially on the

fries station), but still I feel like there is something happening behind the scenes that I do not know about. Its probably best if I keep quiet too, right? Curiosity killed the cat didn't it?  I just pretend like I don't have a clue about what is going on. I pretend like I don't know anything and always ask for help. If I am being micromanaged I tell them jokingly, "hey are you checking up on me?" and try to laugh it off. This gets them off my back a little. This has kept me safe so far.

Report the manager to HR for asking you to lie. No employer should be asking their employee to lie. 

Stop stressing out over this. It's a place of business, if you're doing your job that's all they require.

Tell your boss the truth is better!!

Source(s): #Googled the answer!!

You really need to ask for more hours so you have less time to ask stupid daily questions. Your job is to do whatever your boss says unless its a crime.

• Steve1 month agoReport

Is asking to fill out surveys pretending to be somebody else not a crime?? Wth

just tell your manager you dont want to lie

I feel bad for you because you have a crooked manager that has put you in a bad situation, there’s no good outcome to the situation, when corporate finds out what is happening you’ll get thrown under the bus, but if you don’t do it the manager won’t be happy with you and could even make up excuses to punish you.

Pick your poison here, you’ll be damn if you do or damn if you don’t